The project aims:
- To offer disabled students equal access to university facilities by using assistive technology and accessible IT.
- To utilize the EU e-accessibility best practices in order to achieve greater levels of Web accessibility across the Partner Countries’ Universities.
- To design and establish a model for Accessibility Centres in Partner Countries.
- To train academic, careers, support staff and technical experts from the Partner Country Universities in Student Accessibility.
- To promote the adaptation of specialized "design-for-all" policies (universal design approaches) by the Universities through the development of sustainable Accessibility Centres.
- To develop and disseminate recommendations for other Universities based on EUROPA Web Accessibility Policy and WAI standards.
Read more on the SWING leaflet available PDF.